Capaciteit: (0% geboekt)
Deploying renewable energy massively will be key to achieve the 2050 goal of climate neutrality shared by the EU and Japan. In both regions, offshore wind is seen as one of the renewable sources with the highest growth potential. The European Commission estimates that 30% of electricity demand in Europe could be covered by offshore wind by 2050, while the Japanese government made offshore wind a pillar of its new Green Growth Strategies.
Europe is a leader: three out of the top five turbine manufacturers worldwide are based in Europe, and European companies represent 90% of the global market. Japan aims at becoming the third largest producer of offshore wind electricity by 2040, after Europe and China.
European and Japanese companies - from major firms of the energy, construction or trading sectors, to smaller suppliers and startups - already work together in several projects, in Europe and Japan. With the renewed ambitions of Europe and Japan for ofsfhore wind energy, this cooperation can be expanded, to the benefit of an accelerated, cost-effective deployment. Deepening this cooperation requires a better mutual knowledge of the solutions developed by companies from both sides, the identification of fields of common interest such as floating offshore wind, and a better understanding of certification systems.
This event aims at supporting further cooperation between European and Japense stakeholders in offshore wind. It will highlight existing partnerships, help companies from both sides to better know each other, and include a focus on two key topics: certification and conformity assessment of offshore wind technologies, and cost reduction of floating offshore wind.
Moderator: Mrs. Sonja van Renssen, Journalist, Managing Editor of Energy Monitor
- Public policies and state of play of the offshore wind industry in Europe and Japan (Speakers: European Commission, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry of Japan, WindEurope and others)
- Examples of EU-Japan business cooperation in offshore wind (Speakers: Sumitomo Corporation and Orsted)
- Solutions and technologies for offshore wind (Speakers: Van Oord, NSK, Siemens Gamesa and others)
- Conformity assessment and certification of offshore wind technologies and components: Challenges and opportunities for EU-Japan cooperation (Speakers: TÜV SÜD, DNV-GL, ClassNK, JEMA and CDIT)
- Floating offshore wind: partnerships and demonstrators in Europe and Japan (Speakers: Stiesdal Offshore Technologies, JERA, Ocean Winds and others)
- Floating offshore wind: solutions and technologies from Europe and Japan (Speakers: BW Ideol, 2-B Energy and others)
- Floating offshore wind: bringing down the cost (Speakers: WindEurope and GWEC)
Information & Registration
Language: English and Japanese with simultaneous interpretation
Access to this event is limited to companies and organizations from the EU and Japan
Registration is free of charge
Registration deadline: April 22
Please contact us for more information on the events and/or for enrolment: Eline Timmer (06-51249079)
Holland Home of Wind Energy (HHWE) is an independent export association, representing the interests of the Dutch wind energy companies and knowledge institutes across the globe
+31 (0) 6 51 24 90 79
+31 (0) 6 46 36 38 54
Subscribe to our newsletter and stay updated on the latest HHWE news and our agenda and activities