From 11-14 June the 11th Québec Wind Energy Conference was organized in Gaspé, Québec. During this conference HHWE established contacts with the organizer of the trade fair TechnoCentre éolien. HHWE believes that Canada, and in particular Québec, offers opportunities for partnerships between Dutch and Canadian wind power companies.
Opportunities for cooperation include:
– Manufacturing of components for wind turbines and design of blades;
– Operation & Maintenance;
– Manufacturing and design of wind turbines;
– Testing of blades;
– Cold Climate Issues (lubrcicants, blades, components and de-icing systems and anti-icing systems)
– Installation technology for remote areas;
– Microgrid, storage storage systems (In Canada the mining industry is the driver of developments in this area).
Factfinding mission wind power in October 2017
With the management of TechnoCentre éolien HHWE discussed the possibility of organizing a small trade mission in the fall of 2017. Visiting areas could be Montréal, Ville de Québec, or/and Gaspé. HHWE is currently also investigating the idea to team-up with some companies from Flanders, Belgium.
In the coming month we plan to work out this idea in more detail and to present it to our members at our membership meeting at the 7th of September. If we generate sufficient interest, we intend to organize the factfinding mission with our counterpart TechnoCentre éolien.
For more information, please contact Arjen Schutten (firstname.lastname@example.org / +31 (0)6 46363854).