Encouraged by strong government support, the Japanese offshore wind market has advanced significantly in recent years. This has resulted in a project pipeline of 10 GW of offshore wind capacity by 2030 and 30-45 GW by 2040, including floating wind.
In order to capitalize on business opportunities on this promising market, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands to Japan (NLinJapan), Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) and Holland Home of Wind Energy (HHWE) started a Strategic Multiannual Market Aproach program Offshore Wind Japan (SMM). This SMM program is a public-private partnership between the Dutch government, HHWE and the Dutch private companies and knowledge institutes.
In order to position the Netherlands offshore wind sector within the framework of the SMM program, a local Japanese liaison officer will be appointed. We are looking for a sector professional with a relevant network and expertise to support us.
Specific activities liaison
- Maintaining and expanding network of relevant contacts within the public and private offshore wind sector;
- Acting as a broker and point of contact between the Netherlands and Japanese parties;
- Selecting, arranging and participating in meetings with authorities/stakeholders/(business)partners;
- Supporting HHWE and Embassy in setting-up a database of contacts.
Initialize and follow up on projects and business projects:
- Analyzing relevant sub-sectors and monitoring developments within the sector with the aim of identifying and/or developing specific business prospects or leads for the cluster;
- Identifying and providing relevant policies, legislation and regulations for the cluster;
- Identifying and mapping possible technical issues and constraints;
- Delivering periodical market updates.
Support promotional activities:
- Assisting and supporting the cluster during conferences, exhibitions and trade missions;
- Carying out, in close cooperation with the cluster, activities such as workshops, seminars and K2K round table sessions;
- Assisting in group visits to Japanese stakeholders;
- Assisting and supporting in the communication and branding strategy of the cluster.
- At least 5 years of working experience in the field of Offshore Wind;
- Proven professional network in Offshore Wind Sector in Japan;
- Proven affinity with engineering, research and/or business development;
- Fluency in Japanese and English (written and oral);
- Intercultural communication skills and awareness;
- Strategist with practical skills;
- Experienced in digital communication tools;
- Pro-active attitude.
Terms of Contract:
- Part time contract (max. three years) intensity 1-2 days a week;
- Expenses for necessary travel compensated;
- Health care insurance not included;
- Budget will be based on experience, availability and competences.
More detailed information regarding the position and the application process can be found here.
For questions and inquiries please contact Carolien van Tilburg (Senior Trade officer at the Netherlands Embassy to Japan).
The final deadline for application is July 17, 2023. Successful applicants will shortly thereafter be invited for an online interview.