The Irish offshore wind market has advanced significantly in recent years. The ambition of the Irish government is to have 5GW offshore wind operational by 2030, and the potential of offshore wind in Ireland is much bigger; up to 70 – 100 GW (post 2030). In order to capitalize on business opportunities on this promising market, the Netherlands Embassy in Dublin, Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) and Holland Home of Wind Energy (HHWE) started a public-private Program International Business (PIB).
In order to capitalize on business opportunities on this promising market, the Netherlands Embassy in Dublin, Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland (RVO) and Holland Home of Wind Energy (HHWE) started a Program International Business (PIB). This PIB program is a public-private partnership between the Dutch government, HHWE and Dutch private companies and knowledge institutes.
In order to position the Dutch offshore wind sector within the framework of the PIB program, a local liaison officer (based in Ireland) will be appointed. We are looking for a sector professional with a relevant network and expertise to support us.
Specific activities of the Liaison are, amongst others:
- Support Embassy and PIB members during conferences, exhibitions and trade missions
- Supporting the communication and wind and water works branding strategy of the PIB Cluster in order to further publicity and traction in Ireland
- Build-up and maintain a professional network
- Initialize and follow up on projects and business opportunities
Experience and knowledge
- Thorough knowledge of -and network in- the Irish and Dutch offshore wind sector, in the public and private sector
- At least 3 years of working experience in the field of offshore wind
- Proven affinity with engineering, research and/or business development
Competences and skills
- Analytical, market oriented and vision-minded
- Networker and pro-active attitude
- Entrepreneur (self-starter, works independently) and result oriented
- Communicative and convincing / good writing skills (reports, invitations, speeches, newsletters, presentations etc)
Education and languages
- Master’s degree or Bachelor’s degree in the field of Renewable Energy, Business studies or related study.
- Mastering or understanding Dutch language will be considered an advantage
This is a part-time contract (2 days p/w) for the duration of minimum 1 year and maximum 3 years.
More information & how to apply
To formally apply we require the following documentation:
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- Motivation Letter (in English)
Please send your application to email@example.com with subject title: “Application Liaison Officer Offshore Wind Ireland”. The final deadline for applications is 20 October 2023 (COB). Shortlisted applicants will be invited for a virtual interview. The application process may include a second interview.