Green Cluster – SME mission to Japan
27-02-2024 - 01-03-2024
Promote your green technologies at Tokyo’ Decarbonisation Expo with the support of the EU-JAPAN CENTRE !
- Exhibit at the “Decarbonisation Expo”
- Establish relationships with potential partners (trade and technology)
- Face-to-face meetings leading to possible business opportunities
About the mission
The Green Mission will be organised on the fringe of the Decarbonisation Expo in Tokyo, From February 27 to March 1, 2024.
Participants will be able to meet Japanese companies and promote their activities face to face.
Through this 4-day mission you will have the opportunity to:
- display your technology at one of Japan’s leading trade shows
- meet potential business partners
- create new business opportunities
- develop partnerships and business cooperation on global markets
- discover business opportunities with Japanese companies in Japan and beyond
- attend match-making events
- increase your innovation capacity and become more competitive on a global scale (as an SME)
- prepare the ground for practical cluster cooperation across borders and make a more strategic use of transnational cluster cooperation on markets outside Europe in areas of strategic interest (as a cluster)
The programme targets participants from SMEs(*) (small and medium enterprises, start-ups) and clusters(**) from the EU or SMP associated countries(***), active in the following sectors.
|Energy production & conservation:||Renewables, biomass, CCS, SMRs, co-generation, energy storage, advanced materials, thermal insulation…|
|Efficiency and sustainability:||Sustainable consumer products, recycling, waste reduction, re-usable products…|
|Mobility:||Zero emission vehicles, hydrogen, e-bikes, fuel cells, micromobility…|
The candidate must:
– work for an organization that is a juridical person based in
- the European Union, or
- a country associated to the Single Market Programme, SME Pillar(***)
– be supported by his/her employer
– be able to participate in the entire programme
– have a good command of English
– have proven experience in the industry
The main criteria for selection are:
- the professional & educational background of the candidate;
- the strategy of the participant’s company regarding Japan;
- the innovative aspects of the product/technology/service offered by the company.
As an additional component of the business mission, the EU-Japan Centre also offers to support EU companies looking for Japanese business partners for projects outside Japan.
For companies interested in this service, the EU-Japan Centre will also take into account in the selection process the following elements:
- existing activities outside Europe and outside Japan (e.g. Southeast Asia);
- the strategy or interest in working with Japanese companies outside Japan (e.g. Southeast Asia).
In order to ensure a high degree of personal attention, the number of participants in this mission is limited.
Participation fee – grant
The EU-Japan Centre covers all costs directly related to the mission (i.e. exhibition booth at the fair, printing service to give participants more visibility, interpretation at the fair…)
The participants’ companies must cover travel costs to/from Japan, accommodation and any other living costs.
NB: Selected participants will be requested pay a 100% refundable deposit of €1,000 to guarantee the place on the mission. Failure to transfer the deposit by the deadline set by the Centre may result in the offer of the place being withdrawn. The deposit will be refunded within 8 weeks after the mission only if the participant submit the mission report the Centre asks him/her to make.
On top of this refunding, SME participants will also benefit from a €600 grant. The grant will be paid within 2 weeks after the mission.
However, absences during the mission may lead to deductions amounting to 150 EUR/day.
(*) SMEs are companies meeting the standard European Commission criteria for an SME
(**) Clusters are those who are registered in the European Cluster Cooperation Platform (http://www.clustercollaboration.eu. Registration on that platform is free of charge.
(***) Please check the status of your country at https://ec.europa.eu/info/funding-tenders/opportunities/docs/2021-2027/smp/guidance/list-3rd-country-participation_smp_en.pdf, for EFTA countries, please only refer to the sub-paragraph: “COSME strand (SMP COSME)”. For EU Acceding countries, candidate countries and potential candidates, please only refer to the countries for which the agreement is in force.
SMP-COSME: Stands for “Countries Participating in the COSME strand of the Single Market Programme”. The Single Market Programme is the Commission programme that funds the EU-Japan Centre.
The green sector in Japan