- This event has passed.
Virtual Offshore Wind Mission Ireland (June 14-18)
14 June @ 10:00 - 18 June @ 17:00
Discover opportunities in the Irish offshore wind sector
Are you interested to enter the Irish offshore wind market or would you like to deepen/expand your network? Consider joining this virtual mission focusing on the current and future developments in the Irish offshore wind sector!
Thanks to an ambitious program of the government and despite the COVID-19 pandemic, offshore wind developments in Ireland are taking off. The Irish government published a Climate Action Plan (CAP) in 2019 by which it outlined a target to increase the renewable energy prodcution to 70% by 2030. This increase shall comprise at least 1GW of offshore wind by 2025 and 5GW of offshore wind by 2030. Beyond 2030, assuming sufficient progress in technological developments, Ireland has, due to its excellent wind conditions, immense potential for the development of additional offshore wind. Sustainable Authority of Ireland (SEAI) and the Offshore Renewable Energy Development Plan (OREDP) refer to 12.5GW for fixed and up to 30GW for floating offshore wind, whereas EirWind forecasts an aggregated installed capacity of offshore wind of 24.9 by 2050.
Irish companies are currently looking for partners and suppliers for the upcoming projects, which means there are plenty of business opportunities for Dutch companies.
The Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands in Dublin, the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) and Holland Home of Wind Energy (HHWE) will organize a series of events to provide the Dutch sector with knowledge and connections to navigate the Irish market.
Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions, the program will entirely take place online and will consist of:
1. Webinars (topics: offshore wind developments in Ireland and the Netherlands, bottom-fixed, floating wind, and port development);
2. Targeted Sessions where developers and/or Tier 1 companies will be able to present themselves to a group of Dutch/Irish businesses; and
3. 1-on1 Digital Matchmaking.
A more detailed program will be published soon and is developed in close coordinator with our Irish partners Enterprise Ireland (EI), the Irish Maritime Development Office (IMDO) and Wind Energy Ireland (WEI).
Objectives of the program are
1. To facilitate an exchange about the current state of affairs in Ireland and the Netherlands on offshore wind;
2. Strengthen the relationships on both public and private level, between Ireland and the Netherlands, in offshore wind;
3. Encourage business and collaboration meetings between Irish and Dutch companies and stakeholders; and
4. Identify trade and investment opportunities (and barriers) for Dutch companies within the Irish offshore wind sector and for the Irish companies within the Dutch offshore wind sector.
€250,00 per Dutch company (max. 2p. per company). Every additional participant within a company can participate against a rate of €125,00 per person.
More information & Registration
Registration is now open via the b2match platform here. Deadline for registration is June 11, 2021.
For more information, please contact: